Friday, March 7, 2014

Pit and Peak Link Up - Week 7

button

Well, it appears as though I have been a MAJOR slacker the last 4 weeks as my last Pit and Peak link up was week 3 - oops! I have to admit, I haven't really "felt it" lately. You know, the "it" that drives you to write, inspires you and motivates you.

Well, over the last few days it has slowly been creeping back in - so yay! 

Don't have a ton to report for this week in the way of pits or peaks, to be honest. But here's what I've got...

The Pit
  • We found out my hubby's attorney (he is being taken back to court by his ex wife) is in the hospital and isn't sure when/if he will be able to practice law again.
  • We also found out on Monday that hubby's case has been transferred to another attorney's office and he was supposed to be in court on Wednesday. That gave them 1 day to prepare. We live 3 hours away from where they have to be in court and where the attorney is.
  • We had some unexpected expenses and have literally no money until next Wednesday.

The Peak
  • Thankfully hubby's new attorney was able to get the hearing for Wednesday cancelled due to the circumstances.
  • We found out we get to have the hubby's daughter's for spring break this year, even though it isn't our year.
  • My Facebook page reached and surpassed 1,000 likes!
  • I've started to get my writing mojo back. I've been in a bit of a funk for the past 4'ish weeks and it feels great to be back into it!
  • The kids and I planted organic pea, red bell pepper, carrot, radish, watermelon and cherry tomato seeds and they are already sprouting!
  • Luckily we have a freezer full of food. (See pit above about having no money.)
I guess that's about it. Fairly quiet week, really. 

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up with us, after reading just one post I have a feeling I am going to love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Glad to be able to link up. Thanks for hosting it!

      Delete