Friday, January 24, 2014

Pit and Peak Link Up

So my blogger friend over at More Than Cheese And Beer posted something on Facebook about this thing she had found called Pit and Peak by Tales of a Twenty Something over at Bloglovin.com. I decided to check it out and thought the premiss seemed pretty cool, so here we are.


The idea is to post the pits (lows) and peaks (highs) of your week.

Pits:

- The 11 month old is teething and fighting some sort of cold. As a result, she has been whiny, clingy, fussy and angry. I have had zero to no sleep the last few nights.

- I am cranky (see above). As a result I am short tempered and easily aggravated. Not good news for anyone in our household including me because I get mad at myself.

- I have been searching for a job for the last 7'ish months to no avail.

- I have a constant knot in my stomach over custody/child support/visitation issues we are going back to court over with both of our exes.

- I was on emergency unemployment, (which was cancelled as of December 28), to help out while I'm looking for another job. I was laid off in March of last year from a job I had been at for almost 4 years. Now that they cancelled the program I am trying to figure out how to make ends meet on just the hubby's income.

Peaks:

- My kids for their progress reports and aced this last quarter! I am so proud of them and the hard work they put into school and homework.

- There was no school on Monday for MLK Day or on Tuesday (teacher in-service day). This meant that there were no school lunchesto pack, no homework to do and no manic school-day running around to do for those two days!

- My best friend and her hubby and 2 kids came to visit for 4 nights. It was the first time I had met her 9 month old - they live in DC.

- My vacuum died...which at first glance seems like it should be a "pit" but as a result my mamma bought be a Dyson Animal. That thing is freakin' amazing! (But I'm kinda grossed out about how little my last vacuum picked up in comparison.)

- Aside from teething and colds, I am blessed with 5, yes 5, beautiful, healthy, amazing children, a wonderful husband, and family and friends who I couldn't shine life without.

- My Facebook page, which I created to help promote my blog, is slowly but surely climbing the "like" ladder. I am meeting some amazing people and other bloggers. I feel blessed to have people who are actually interested in some of the things I have to say!

So those are my highs and lows for this week. Nothing earth-shattering or overly dramatic or exciting, but they are mine, all mine!

How's your week been?

8 comments:

  1. Great first post. Sounds like you've been through the ringer (wringer?) lately too. Sucky. And I've been watching your teething updates all week. Oy. I can't really understand, but I'll hope for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny to think of what we see as exciting now that we would have hated when we were younger? I would love a new vacuum! Especially if it did an even better job than the last one. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! If someone had bought me a vacuum 10 years ago, I would have been like "seriously?" LOL. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to link up!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your job search. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Sounds like you have a lot of stress! Taking the time to remember the peaks seems like a great thing to be able to do in the midst of it. And we got a Dyson two years ago and I wanted to die at the price my husband paid without consulting me right up until I saw how much our old cruddy vacuum hadn't been picking up either! Although it was also kind of nice when the vacuum was broken because that's the perfect excuse to get out of vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is easy to get caught up in the negatives but I have so much to be thankful for as well. I was in shock at the vacuum...the canister was almost full just from the baby's room (and it isn't a big room). Plus, hardly anyone ever goes in there! I normally wouldn't complain about not being able to vacuum, apart from the fact that we had house guests arriving the following day and dog hair everywhere. lol

      Delete