Saturday, December 14, 2013

Things I Strongly Dislike

There are many things I strongly dislike. I'm hesitant to use the word "hate" because I'm trying to teach my children that hate is not something one should throw around all willy-nilly. It is very easy for me to use hate word. "I hate it when the dog barks and wakes up the baby. I hate it when I'm wrong. I hate it when I catch every red light." I'm trying to teach them about acceptance and patience and to appreciate the differences between us all. I don't want them to be fearful of people or things that may be different from what they're used to. For now the "h-word" is as bad a word as the "s-word" (stupid) or the other "s-word" (or as the 6 year old would say "shhhh-i-t!) and I hope to keep it that way.

So here is my list of some things I strongly dislike (in no particular order);


  1. Sand in my bikini bottoms
  2. Mean people
  3. Disrespect for any president who may be in office (Seriously, you may dislike their policies and what they stand for but they are still the president. Republican, democrat, it doesn't matter. Show a little respect.)
  4. Stubbing my toe on the baby's bouncy chair (I think I've broken at least 9 of my 10 toes over the last 5 months!)
  5. Burning my mouth on pizza or hot chocolate
  6. Senseless violence
  7. Demeaning stereotypes
  8. Any form of abuse; sexual, physical, emotional. Especially abuse of any child or animal
  9. Food stuck between my front teeth
  10. Those spiders covered in horns that spin their webs in the children's swing set
  11. Wasting food
  12. Waking up and realizing I'm out of coffee...or coffee creamer
  13. Running out of toilet paper but not realizing it until I'm on the toilet (hubby will appreciate this one as it usually happens to him because I forget to replenish the t.p. Totally different when it happens to me!)
  14. People who act like my friend but talk shit behind my back (Just stop. If you don't want to be my friend that's fine. I have plenty of others who actually like me.)
  15. Getting an itch on the bottom of my foot that I can't get to because I'm either driving or wearing high boots
  16. When my children are sick
  17. When my babies cry so hard that no sound comes out
  18. Racism or any other form of prejudice based on a person's race, sexual orientation, weight, social status, disability or any other thing one can be judged by
  19. Going to the dentist
  20. Strangers who touch my baby (Please don't. I have no idea where your hands have been!)
  21. People who try to shirk their responsibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment