Saturday, December 14, 2013

I'm Still Doing That Mom-Blog Thing

I haven't written anything in a few weeks. I'm not really sure why. I mean, sure I've had a lot going on lately, but when I first started my blog I would ignore everyone and everything to write. Baby is fussing? She'll Be fine for a few more minutes. Dogs need to go out? They can hold it until I've finished this paragraph. Laundry is piling up into mountains and everyone is wearing their bathing suits in lieu of clothes? I'm pretty sure we can make do until I've posted this! But for the past two weeks I've had absolutely no motivation. At all. Hubby even asked me last night if I'm still doing that "mom-blog-thing".

Two weekends ago I came down with the worst cold/flu that I've had in years. I was so sick, I didn't even want to nurse my baby. At one point I think I would rather have poked my eyeballs with sticks. I was so desperately tired, I had hubby feed her a bottle of formula. I felt guilty about that for about this-long.  We were also house-sitting at the time and had to deal with not only our two dogs, but another as well. One of ours went into heat while we were there and the little bitch kept running away when I would take them out to do their business.

When we got back into our own house, the 7 month old decided to cut her two bottom teeth, so I was dealing with an incredibly clingy, fussy baby for about three days. Needless to say, it is a little tough finding time, or energy, to write when you have a 20 lb, wriggling, whining weight hanging off you 24/7.

The 7 and 8-year-old have Tae Kwon Do class on Monday and Wednesday evenings and now the 7-year-old has soccer on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The thought of having to lug the 7-month-old all over town, get homework done before practice, come home and cook dinner, give baths/showers and put them all to bed by 8:30 exhausts me. The only motivation I seem to be able to muster up is to get myself to bed! How am I supposed to find the energy to blog on top of it all?

I know, I know, cry me a river, right? If those are the worst things I have to deal with then I'm doing pretty OK. It isn't as though I haven't had ideas flowing through my head. I have multiple ideas every day. Sometimes it's a little annoying. All these things streaming through my head and no motivation to do anything with them.

Anyhow, I guess the point is that I have no good excuses. I just didn't wanna. Kind of like when my kids don't want to go to bed, or eat their veggies, or brush their teeth. There's no real reason why. They just don't want to.

I've come to realize that sometimes it is OK not to want to do something. It is OK to be lazy. It is OK to temporarily lose motivation. Eventually something or someone will light that fire again and you'll get up off your arse and do whatever it is you've been putting off. Now, I wouldn't advise putting off brushing your teeth or showering, at least not for too long, but maybe every now and then we should allow our kids those five extra minutes before bed, or let them skip the veggies.

At the end of the day we all have things we are supposed to do but don't want to, and in today's time of over scheduling and constant running, I think we should all allow ourselves a break every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment