Saturday, December 14, 2013

5 Things - Online Chain Letter-Thingy

So my dear friend over at Abandoning Pretense decided she should tag me in this. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get even thank her yet! We were roommates in college and after losing touch for a number of years, reconnected through Facebook. There aren't many people you can burst in on when they are in the shower and you have to poop and actually do your business. (I had to throw that one in there. She likes to talk about poop.) Anyhoo, she is crazy funny and y'all should go read her shiznit.



Five Things


Five Things I Have a Passion For:

1. My children. May sound cheesy or obvious, but they really are my passion. I would do anything for them and I pity the fool who ever tries to hurt them.
2. Reading. Not just for me, but for the kids too. I could get lost for days in a good book. I haven't been able to read much lately. 5 kids kinda throws a wrench in the "soak in the tub for an hour with a good book" thing.
3. Teaching my children to be kind and accepting of others. One of my son's best friends at school last year was a little boy with autism. At the end of the year, his teacher told me that he had really helped the little boy "come out of his shell" and was so patient with him. She said my son would have a friend for life. That made me more proud of him than all the great grades he got.
4. Music. I love everything about it. I have an extremely eclectic taste in music. Everything from classical, to rap, to rock, to pop, I'm even enjoying country now (thank hubby for that one). Music has helped me through some pretty tough times and I also have a lot of great memories with music from concerts to jamming out in the car with my girlfriends.
5. Education. Seriously people, our children are our future and it chaps my ass that there isn't more credit given to the men and women trying to educate them. The fact that education is one of the first areas to be hit with budget cuts is asinine. How about we cut the budget of some of those actors and athletes and put it where it is really important.

Five Things I'd Like to do Before I Die:

1. Drive a Formula One race car. There has always been a part of me that wanted to be a race car driver. I actually used to drive like one. You call it reckless, I call it practice. Potato...potahto...
2. Run a 5K. Now this may seem boring to most because these days it seems as though everyone and their brother is competing in various 5K's every weekend but if you know me, you know that this is a big deal. I hate to run. I hate to sweat. I don't like working out until I puke. So getting to a point to where I could actually participate in one without dropping out dead would be HUGE.
3. Go on safari.
4. See the Great Barrier Reef. I was supposed to do this when I was about 14 but the plans fell through. One day I will go.
5. Go on a hot air balloon ride. I would be fine combining this with #3.

Five Things I Say A Lot:

1. Fuck. What the fuck. Who the fuck. Why the fuck. Fuck that. Fuck him. Fuck her. Fuck this. Fuck it. Yes, I really do. I have somehow managed not to drop the f-bomb in front of my children more than a couple of times. Usually it goes something like this; "Oh Fffffffffffffffffffor goodness sake!" I'm not proud of it but hey, it is what it is.
2. Seriously?
3. What in the world?! (This is usually following something I hear or see one of the kids or dogs to or say.)
4. Whatever. But not Valley Girl "whateverrrrrrr" more of a I-don't-give-a-crap-about-anything whatever, usually muttered under my breath.
5. Dammit Dixie! Dixie is our Border Collie/Retriever mix. She is adorable but has a habit of barking and waking the baby.


Five Books I've Read: 
(This was actually supposed to be books I've read lately, but I'm ashamed to say haven't read much lately, so I'm just putting five books I've read and really enjoyed.)

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy
2. The Pillars of the Earth
3. Scar Tissue 
4. The Bell Jar
5. The Long Hard Road Out of Hell (I'm not particularly crazy about his music, but I found it fascinating learning some of the events that took place in his childhood that shaped and molded him into the person he is. And by the way, the Marilyn Manson that we all "know" is not who he really is.)

Five Favorite Movies:

1. Scarface
2. Goodfellas (What can I say, I have a thing for gangsters.)
3. The Sound of Music (This goes back to my childhood.)
4. Almost Famous (I think I was born in the wrong era. I could see myself as Penny Lane.)
5. Finding Nemo

Five Places I’d Like to Travel:
This one is really tough. I have been privileged to live in and travel to many different countries. I love to travel and don't really get to any more. There are soooo many places I want to go it is really hard to narrow down the list.

1. Africa
2. Tahiti
3. Egypt
4. Hawaii
5. Japan

Five Pages that I Love:
This one is tough. I'm just getting started on this adventure to blogland, so I am really just discovering all my fellow bloggers.

1. Naked Mommy Diaries - The Naked Truth About Parenting. Anyone who is happy with their naked selves is my hero. Go check her out!
2. Play Pen; The Irreverent Parent's Guide. She's relatively new to this as well. We promised we'd help each other figure this whole mom-blog-thing out! You should go see what she has to say!
3. Musings of a Muddled Mum She is battling so much in her life but somehow manages to keep sight of her blessings. Go show her some love! Plus, she's in Australia, so I read her work with an Australian accent!
4. The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears. She's great. I love this post. Show her some lurv.
5. The Klonopin Chronicles. Love what she has to say and she's funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment